[lug] Printing Only One Page

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Mar 5 21:57:12 MST 2001

SoloCDM wrote:

> My printer is connected via a zip drive and the zip drive is
> connected via server.  Somehow my printer won't print entire
> documents.  /var/log/messages indicates printer is on fire.
> Is there any solution?
>
> Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
>       list/newsgroup address in Cc: and my email address in To:.

> Signed,
> SoloCDM

I've seen that message before, but never figured it out. Oddly enough, I
once had a printer that *DID* catch on fire. An HP inkjet was just
sitting there, not even turned on, then electrical arcing sounds
arrived, along with a plume of smoke. Barely got it in during the
warranty. A month after I got it back, it started dying again, out of
warranty. Fortunately, the printer on fire message has never accurately
predicted fire (seems as though a programmer had a sense of humor).