[lug] Java Applet

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Mar 8 11:49:00 MST 2001

Why not write a servlet on the server to return the current time? Have the
applet connect to the server and get the time.

If you try to embed the time into your HTML page, you have a couple of
things that might cause problems:

caching of page by proxy server.
Malicious alteration of the value to secure some advantage.