[lug] Java Applet

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Mar 8 13:04:41 MST 2001

You could also write some other server that just sprays time and
hope latency is less than your threshold.  You could also make a
cgi request for the time from your applet.  That way you go through
port 80 ( or whatever it is ) and you would hope latency isn't
too bad.  Sending the time with the applet at start up would incure
more latency because the java VM is really slow to start.