[lug] Boulder maps

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Mar 10 23:53:37 MST 2001

lpotter wrote:

> At 21:23 3/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >I'm trying to locate an image of some format useful for a web page
> >display of the Boulder County area. Which means there can't be
> >commercial licensing involved. The best possible map would include roads
> >and political boundaries, possibly landmarks too. Does anyone in BLUG
> >know of some map like this? Nearby areas would be useful too, though I'm
> >not interested in too far away, other than say Denver through Fort
> >Collins.
>
> http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=40.015&lon=-105.27

This is one I considered briefly, but it is too low resolution. It also
has an inability to be saved with the right click and "save image as",
probably due to its asp programming. Add to this the fact that it is
tiled and in reality it is 6 smaller maps, all copyrighted, and it
becomes impossible to use it effectively. It is the right idea though,
so I wonder where they get their original data.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com