[lug] how does Xwrapper work?

Rob Riggs rriggs at doubleclick.net
Sun Mar 11 11:05:49 MST 2001

Xwrapper is a setuid root program that allows a normal user to start an
X server. It validates the command-line arguements, then passes them on
to the X server configured for your system. On my KRUD (Red Hat) 7.0
box, that means executing '/etc/X11/X', which is a symlink to the proper
X server in /usr/X11R6/bin.

Hope this helps.