[lug] Xerces-J build

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Sun Mar 11 11:37:50 MST 2001

"anne george" <virtualps at worldnet.att.net> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie to Linux and I was wondering if anyone has used the Xerces-J XML parser.
> I am using RH6.2 and Kaffe.  Kaffe came with the distribution, so the only other packageI've
> installed is JServ.
>
> I was looking at the downloads from http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/index.html, and downloaded both
>  Xerces-J-tools.1.3.0.tar.gz   - the latest build
>  Xerces-J-src.1.3.0.tar.gz           - the latest source
>
> How do I know if which, if either, of these packages will work with RH6.2?
> Should I definately build the source?
> Should I even attempt to build the source with the Kaffe JDK?

I haven't tried it with Kaffe, but it did seem to work for me with
Sun's 1.3 JDK for Linux:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download-linux.html

I'm not sure how *well* it works, because the stylesheets I used were
broken, but given that Xerces is an Apache project, I'm willing to
give it the benefit of the doubt...

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com