[lug] Re: [CLUE-Tech] voice commands (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Mar 13 12:48:37 MST 2001

This looked kind of interesting.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:44:54 -0700
From: Todd A. Gibson <tgibson at kaivo.com>

> Does anyone know of any software that will allow my linux machine to
> accept voice commands.  Something along the lines of Microsoft voice
> is what I had in mind, but will look at anything.

I missed the beginning of this thread so forgive me if someone
else mentioned this:

IBM recently Open Sourced (if I'm not mistaken) ViaVoice,
their voice recognition software.  I don't know if it provides
voice control to Linux out of the box, but it definitely
includes an SDK to roll your own.

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/speech/enterprise/te_3.html

-TAG
--