[lug] Re: Virtual Hosting

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Wed Mar 14 11:48:53 MST 2001

In BIND 8.2.x the only file that relates to what you're talking about
is your reverse zone file. It's the file that maps the ip's back to
specific A record host names. As far as virtual hosting I don't believe
you can have a file like this for virtual use. After all, virtual hosts
don't really have their own ip address, they map back to another
machines A record ip address. Which, in turn, that ip address must
reverse lookup to it's respective host as defined by that A record. I
think this stuff is in a BIND RFC somewhere, but I'm sure. I also may
be way off here, but this has been my understanding since I can
remember...

Justin