[lug] Printing

Shannon Johnston nunar at iws.net
Wed Mar 14 14:45:23 MST 2001

This is what I get when I run lsmod

[root at TDT /etc]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
lp                      5928   0  (autoclean)
vmnet                  16672   3
vmppuser                5928   0  (unused)
vmmon                  17792   0  (unused)
parport_pc              7432   1  (autoclean) [vmppuser]
parport                 7288   1  (autoclean) [lp vmppuser parport_pc]
lockd                  31496   1  (autoclean)
sunrpc                 53060   1  (autoclean) [lockd]
3c90x                  20980   1  (autoclean)
nls_cp437               3908   2  (autoclean)
vfat                    9276   1  (autoclean)
fat                    30432   1  (autoclean) [vfat]
es1371                 27264   0
soundcore               2628   4  [es1371]

The error message that I get when I test is in the form of a popup
window. I don't get any feedback from messages when I tail -f and try to
print.
As per Calvin's request this is my printcap contents:

# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict
format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL ljet4 600x600 letter {} LaserJet4 Default {}
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\