[lug] Email questions

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Wed Mar 14 16:22:32 MST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 04:14:06PM -0700, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
[..]
> We need more info to help with this part of the question.  The
> "available" at home via the internal network shouldn't really be a
> problem.  The tricky part is the remote access if you don't have a domain
> name, or as I'm guessing is more correct, a static IP?  Do you have a way
> to remotely access your system now?

You _could_ have fetchmail put all the mail from the different
accounts into a mailbox on the Linux server and access it
there using POP (shudder) or IMAP. You don't need to have a
static IP for that (but of course you need to access your
server, so you need to knoe the current IP).
Another option would be to set up one of the may web front-
ends for mail (WorldPilot or something like that) and access
your mail via a browser when you need remote access. I don't
particulary like to do my mail with a browser but it's the
only thing you get in an internet cafe ...

 Ralf