[lug] Printing

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Mar 14 22:08:40 MST 2001

Calvin Dodge wrote:

> Shannon Johnston wrote:
> >
> > This is what I get when I run lsmod
> >
> > [root at TDT /etc]# /sbin/lsmod
> > Module                  Size  Used by
> > lp                      5928   0  (autoclean)
> > vmnet                  16672   3
> > vmppuser                5928   0  (unused)
> > vmmon                  17792   0  (unused)
>
> Is there any chance that you've got some sort of interference from Vmware? (I
> assume that's the source of the vm* modules)
>
> Calvin
>
> --
> Calvin Dodge
> Certified Linux Bigot (tm)
> http://www.caldodge.fpcc.net

That reminds me of something else. I wonder if there is some assumption
being made based on a stale lock file. Try cd to /var/lock/, then run
this and see what it comes up with:
find . -name "*lp*" -xdev -print

There should be one entry for /var/lock/subsys/lpd, but no others if not
printing. Anything else might be left over and causing it to incorrectly
believe it is in use.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com