[lug] FUD -- Big time....

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Mar 14 23:13:40 MST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:14:56PM -0700, John Starkey wrote:
>Sounds like a group of MCSEs..... "what's wrong???" .... "I added a Zone
>file and it don't work" ..... " try a reboot".

Yeah, funny thing with working with people who use Windows...  Windows
often has enforced ignorance -- you CAN'T know how it works, so there's
not much you can do except reboot (which it tells you to do all the time).
It gets people in the training of just rebooting a machine whenever it's
not acting as you expect.  So...  People apply that knowledge to Linux.

"I've changed sendmail.cf, so now I need to reboot."  "Whoa!!!", I say...

Sean
--
 If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be
 millionaires.  -- Abigail Van Buren