[lug] Dial up domain and routing question

Atkinson, Chip CAtkinson at Circadence.com
Thu Mar 15 08:57:47 MST 2001

Greetings,

I'm trying to work out a weird scheme where I can dial in to another machine
and use only one of the 5 available IP addresses.

Here's the desired setup --
Remote machine(s): DSL with 8 static IPs (5 available for use)

local machine: Dial into remote machine and use one of the 5 available
static IPs.

Without subnetting and dividing up the 8 IPs, is this possible?  I was
thinking I could alias two IPs on the machine with the modem and then
redirect all traffic to one of the aliased IPs to the dialed in machine.

It seems reasonable, but am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Chip