[lug] source rpm dependencies

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 15 14:32:06 MST 2001

Still no luck. The recompile stage works, but does not produce an rpm.
During that stage, it makes the same inaccurate statements about missing
dependencies. Then the -bb --nodeps does this when run:
rpm -bb --nodeps automake-1.4d-1.src.rpm
File /..../automake-1.4d-1.src.rpm does not appear to be a specfile.

There *is* though a /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/automake.spec that is present,
but this is in a different directory. So I cd there, and try via naming
that spec file to the rpm -bb --nodeps, and it looks at first like it
works, but then it ends with the same bogus prerequisite failure of
"sh". No rpm produced. rpm *really* needs a better means of forcing
rebuilds. I guess I am going to have to rip out my automake by rpm and
use a tarball, but I am worried that something related, maybe aclocal,
is going to be broken by this.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com