[lug] Slackware 7.1 Raid mini-HOWTO

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Thu Mar 15 14:58:02 MST 2001

Howdy All!

I've recently built a few Slackware 7.1 based servers that required software
mirrored boot disks and filesystems and am tossing around the idea of
sharing my experience.  I used the Software RAID HOWTO to help me through
it, but obviously had to engineer a lot of the retrofitting of RAID into
Slackware myself.  The existing HOWTO is broad on this topic and only
provides insight on how to retrofit a system that's already installed.

I've had a couple of friends ask me how I did it and I'm wondering if it
would be worth my time to put the process into an "official" mini-HOWTO.
Would anyone here be interested in reading/criticizing it of I did put one
together?  Would anyone specifically like to see me put one together?

I'll probably put something together regardless, since my friends are
bugging me, but I just thought I would pass it through the group and see if
there's any interest in having me put something official together.  I'd kind
of like to give back to the Linux community, so please let me know if
there's any interest.

Thanks,
Jim Harris