[lug] Printing

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 15 18:06:58 MST 2001

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> This is the output of the /sbin/chkconfig --list | grep lpd
>
> [root at TDT nunar]# /sbin/chkconfig --list | grep lpd
> lpd             0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>
> What does this mean??

Just wanted to be sure lpd was being run correctly. This means lpd is
started for runlevels 2 through 5, and shut off for 6 or 0 or 1. FYI, 2
is single user mode for RH, 3 is regular console mode, 4 isn't used as
far as I know, 5 is graphic/X11 login, and 6 is reboot; 0 means stop. I
considered the possibility that it wasn't being run at the proper times.