[lug] Odd xscreensaver Behaviour

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Mar 15 19:06:57 MST 2001

I just upgraded one of my home boxes from an older (RH 6.2 based) KRUD
release to the 3/2001 version (RH 7.0). Almost all of the configuration
files were replaced with the default RPM config files, which took a
while to sort out. But, once that was sorted, the screensaver would
kick off *every 10 seconds*. Talk about annoying.

Somewhere along the upgrade, reconfig, etc., xscreensaver 3.29 installed
a .xscreensaver config file in my $HOME with 10 second timeouts for
everything. Removing that fixed the problem.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

--
Rob Riggs
http://www.pangalactic.org/