[lug] source rpm dependencies

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Mar 15 20:43:33 MST 2001

Aha! That explains it. You can add a "AutoReqProv: no" to the RPM
spec file to make RPM stop doing its auto-dependency thing. But
I'd also do a quick scan of the files to see if someone didn't
write a shell script invoking the Bourne shell with a
"#!/usr/bin/env sh", or something similar. (This example would
be extremely silly.) I just tested RPMv4 with this case and
it didn't declare "sh" a dependency.

You might want to check with the RPM developers to get their
take on the problem.

--
Rob Riggs
http://www.pangalactic.org/