[lug] email list archiver thingy

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Fri Mar 16 10:33:02 MST 2001

From: John Hernandez [mailto:John.Hernandez at noaa.gov]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 09:40

I did this once using hypermail.  Fairly straight forward and powerful.
Keep in mind that some of the lists you're considering MAY already sport
searchable web archives, and you may be able to submit queries directly from
your search gateway, rather than clog your disks with yet another archive.

http://www.landfield.com/hypermail/

Many of the lists I'm on are searchable, but for some I either don't like
the search engines they use, or some (like the iPlanet app server list) only
put their archives in their own usenet server.  I'd just like to throw the
stuff in one place so it's easier to share with my team.  I'll take a look
at the suggestions -- looks like they'll work just fine.

--
Andrew