'timewarp' kernel module -- Was: [lug] FUD -- Big time....

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Sat Mar 17 16:11:21 MST 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:25:44AM -0500, John Karns wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, rm at mamma.varadinet.de said:
>
> >There's actually a kernel modul that does exactly that
> >(give back 'incorrect' times whne the syscall is made
> >by certain processes). No, gnome isn't crippled, but
> >the now defunct Linux version of FrameMaker stopped
> >working on January 1st. I had the option to move
> >erverything back to the old Mac LCII for one week
> >of finishing work or to tweak with my kernel ...
> >guess what i did :-/
>
> Sounds like this might come in handy some time.  Where would I look for
> such a thing?

Sorry for the late reply, but it turned out that all my old
links where broken. Well, some searching on the net ...

The module is called 'timewarp' and can be found here:
 <http://nwc.syr.edu/~jdimpson/proj/index.html#timewarp>
It currently only works for 2.0.n kernels but porting to
newer versions shouldn't be hard (i might have to do it
myself once i switch to 2.4.n).

 Ralf

P.S.: I cc this to the list in case it's of any interest
to the public.