[lug] ICQ thru firewall (which ports)

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sun Mar 18 00:40:53 MST 2001

Anyone know which ports I need to open for GnomeICU? I tried using
icq.mirabilis.com 4000 for auth and 4000:4100 for comm. Then I found
another FAQ that said login.icq.com 5190 for auth and 1023+ for comm.
Neither of these seem to be working. Although it does look like I got
connectivity a few times because the log time changed to EST. But now
it's back to MST and I'm not sure what i did because I noticed it after
a few tries.

The GnomeICU connection log is outputting "Connection unreliable -
reconnect" and it's trying continuously.

Thanks,

John