[lug] Mailman and Qmail

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 19 18:04:01 MST 2001

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 02:31:09PM -0700, Michael Deck wrote:
>I seem to finally have Qmail running but now I'd like to set up mailman to
>run a couple of lists. I'm not having success. Although the mailman home
>page seems to deprecate the use of sendmail, it also doesn't provide much
>help for qmail.

First of all, did you read the "README.QMAIL" file in the top directory of the
Mailman distribution?

The way I set it up is to create a "lists.domain.com" host alias with MX,
then set up /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains to include
"lists.domain.com:mailman".  Don't forgetto HUP qmail-send once you do that.
Then, install the qmail thing from the contrib directory in Mailman as the
instructions in that file indicate.

Once you have that all done, you can simply ignore the things saying to set up
the aliases when you create a new list -- the list will simply start
working...

Sean
--
 Program *INTO* a language, not *IN* it.