[lug] ICQ thru firewall (which ports)

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Mon Mar 19 22:55:50 MST 2001

Ok. I see what you're saying. 5190 for ICQ not both. I'm using 4000 for auth
and connected to icq.mirabilis.com and was able to communicate with some people
at work today. But I did have the same problem you mentioned. A document that i
sent in via ICQ file transfer dropped. Neither of us could find out where it
went.

Another problem I'd had was that the FAQs I'd found all said ICQ messages are
transfered as TCP but I think it started working once I allowed UDP packets and
right now the logs say "Sent Message (UDP)".

Thanks a lot for your help.

John