[lug] Remote printing?

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Mar 20 12:31:18 MST 2001

Are you denying access to lpd in some other way (/etc/hosts.deny or
ipchains)?

when you login to the printer host where does the last log say you are
coming from (i.e. does it match what is written in hosts.lpd)

what are permissions on /etc/hosts.lpd

I have root:root 644 on mine.

are the plus signs actually in /etc/hosts.lpd or was that a formatting
convenience for us?

which printing subsystem are you using (berkeley lpd, lprng, etc.)?

Hugh