[lug] customizing redhat install

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Mar 21 02:28:18 MST 2001

I've discovered that there is absolutely no possible way to install RH
7.1 beta directly to a reiserfs partition, even with /boot/ being
separated out. Out of frustration with RH reiserfs install problems, can
someone tell me where to find a HOWTO on taking the current RH 7.1 beta
install cd's and removing its kernels, replacing them with my own?
Basically, which files on the install cd's govern the kernel actually
used *during* the install, as well as the location of the kernel images
and initial ramdisks that the final install will use?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com