[lug] Newbie admin question

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Wed Mar 21 09:53:13 MST 2001

There _is_ one CAVEAT:
 some services create files/directories that include the
 username, most prominently the local mail delivery. If
 you want to change the user name in /etc/passwd and
 /etc/shadow you should also change the name of the mail
 spool file in /var/spool/mail/
 It might be a good idea to run
   find / -name '*username*' > /tmp/maybeuser.txt
 and check that file for user related stuff.

 Ralf