[lug] JavaScript Help Forget

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Fri Mar 23 13:36:01 MST 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:27:15PM -0700, Holshouser, David wrote:
> you figure that one out and I've got some friends who would, umm, well since
> I'm in public, we'll just say they'd be happy!

You have friends that can be made happy with JavaScript Code ? :-)))
Now you've triggered my curiosity! What do you want to solve with
that information (on the browser side). Doesn't a client allways
'know' where it came from? I can share a little bit more background
infos (just to make your friend happy):

 document.referrer will hold the URL of the page from which
 the actual page was loaded. This only works if the page was
 loaded by means of following a link. If the user selected
 a bookmark or entered the URL directly into the URL field of
 the browser document.referrer will be empty. IE will only
 set this slot if the URL has the protocol HTTP and the current
 page was loaded by means of a HTTP request.

 Ralf