[lug] Few vi problems

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Tue Mar 27 08:32:38 MST 2001

My favorite way to do this is a little simpler if not as efficient.

Place your cursor on the first letter you want yanked.
enter the number of characters you want yanked.
Press x
9x
will CUT 9 letters. You will then hit p to Put them back where you cut them
from
and they will still be in your buffer for use elsewhere.