[lug] sendmail won't send mail

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Tue Mar 27 09:46:27 MST 2001

This may be terribly roundabout, but I know that I've seen something like
this on Slackware.  Try running pine and see if it reports a permissions
message in the bottom of the screen when it's running.  I had to set my
/var/spool/mail dir to 1777 (this box is just a private box so I'm not
concerned too badly with security, but you may want to do some
investigation/serious consideration of permissions before setting this.  If
security isn't a bit issue, however, give it a try and see if it helps.)