[lug] CVS logging question

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Tue Mar 27 11:37:46 MST 2001

> > (BTW, what does a "P" mean in the update output?  It's not
> > mentioned in the man page.)

It means 'patch' - instead of send the entire file across the wire to
update your working copy it is just sending over patches.

In theory it is smart enough to know if it's just faster to send the
file (in the case of a lot of changes) or just the patch(es), but I
haven't checked in to it.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/