[lug] CLIQ Stuff

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Mar 28 01:31:47 MST 2001

Hi all,

I'll be hangin' around the Debian area at the CLIQ.  (Sorry I couldn't
volunteer for the BLUG booth, can't be in two places at once!  But if
BLUG needs help I'll stop on over...)

I just thought folks might be interested -- I'm bringing my iMac DV SE
running Debian Linux along to show off Debian-PPC.  I just got it
booting properly TONIGHT!  :)

I'm certainly by NO MEANS a PPC expert yet.  (Heck, this is the first
time I got the newworld stuff to even BOOT properly.)  But if you're
itchin' to try it out, and have a so-called "new world" Mac, I may be
able to help.

Wayde, I'd also be willing to bring it up to the BLUG meeting sometime
if anyone's interested in seeing it.  It's remarkably like... hmmm...
LINUX.   :)

I also just MIGHT be able to bring a Sun Ultra 5 running Debian as well
from work, but we'll see.  Haven't checked to see if that's okay yet,
nor have I put Debian back on it.  (It's in the process of getting wiped
and reloaded with Solaris after someone pooched it good.)

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>