[lug] Mail configuration

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Mar 28 18:05:33 MST 2001

Hi, everyone.

How does one configure sendmail to correctly handle serving mail for
more than one domain, when more than one domain's MX record points to
it?

The situation is that a friend is hosting a domain for me, on a
machine that hosts other domains, and has never needed to configure
sendmail to accept mail from any domain other than the first.  Mail
sent to a known account on this machine through the new domain doesn't
go through.

I spent a couple hours at Softpro this afternoon sifting through the
DNS book and the Sendmail book without success - I'm uncertain of
specifically what to look for.  Any ideas?

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com