[lug] TrueType Fonts RPM

Tony Dyson the_anorak at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 1 10:30:51 MDT 2001

Elyse,

Rob is a friend (& probably knows more about Linux than I ever will), so
I'm not going to send this to the list & have anyone think I'm being
critical of his efforts.

FWIW, I've never managed to get one of these RPMs to give me the TTF
fonts immediately. I *have* always mamanged to get them to work
eventually, & the improvement is dramatic, so its worth persevering.

1) Is the TTF fonts directory the first one listed in your XF86Config
file?
2) Is there a fonts.dir file in the TTF directory?
3) Does it show the spec for each font?