[lug] RH 7.1: Multiple problems

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Mon Apr 2 14:10:09 MDT 2001

Hello,

  I made the mistake of upgrading to RH 7.1 on Thur. and I was wondering
if anyone else had noticed the following and knew how to deal with them?

1) /etc/X11/prefdm implies that you can set your desktop login
to use kde2 rather than just kde but sets "preferred" to
/usr/lib/kde2/bin/kdm which doesn't exist.  ( KDE still works. )

2) Java 1.3.0.02 will create bytecode but won't run them.
Has anyone looked at it?

3) XFree86 doc says that my SiS 620 AGP is supported but it
does not appear to be.  Anyone have a 620 working with X86 4.0.2?

Thanks,

Scott