[lug] RH 7.1: Multiple problems

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Apr 3 10:04:08 MDT 2001

mohan kumar wrote:

> --- "Scott A. Herod" <herod at interact-tv.com> wrote:
> >
> > 3) XFree86 doc says that my SiS 620 AGP is supported
> > but it
> > does not appear to be.  Anyone have a 620 working
> > with X86 4.0.2?
>
> one of our linux distributions here in india comes
> with a suse XF86_SVGA server and it works well with
> sis 620.
>
> im not sure if it would work with RH7.1 but would be
> worth trying...

Thanks for the note.  It seems strange to me that I am
having problems since I have not read about any.  I suspect
that I am doing something wrong.

I ended up bringing in an old PCI graphics card that I
had a home ( the work machine has pci slots but of the 620 is
on the motherboard and uses the agp connection ).  So,
I'm up and running and probably won't mess with it again.

( On a separate note, I got an ATI AGP card for home to replace
the PCI card I brought into work.  It came up nicely
with RH 6.2 but I can't get it to work with NT.  The machine
is dual boot.  Rather ironic, I thought. )

Scott