[lug] Wierd Sendmail vs resolv.conf issue.

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Apr 4 20:41:15 MDT 2001

I've been helping to move 8 virtual sites to another server over the
past month. We just had the zone files switched today (these are on a
virtual system). I saw that the resolv.conf had only the domain entry in
it and no nameserver entries when we first moved everything over so I
added three nameserver entries and IPs.

Today all of the email aliases were bouncing and support said it was
because of the resolv.conf having nameserver entries, that it should
only have the domain entry in it.

Anyone know why sendmail would choke on a nameserver entry? I have
always put nameservers in there and as far as i know it's standard.
Maybe it's the way they have the Virtual part scripted?

Thanks,

John