[lug] Problems with X 4.0.3

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Apr 5 09:53:25 MDT 2001

I've had this problem before, after an upgrade from RH6.2 to 7. I never
fixed it but it was mainly a command line box anyway, so I didn't try
too hard and wasn't worried about it.

But I witnessed this at CLIQ last week. Took a while but they found the
problem. It had something to do with the name resolution. X was unable
to determine the hostname, so it couldn't create a socket. You're error
probably says "Unable to make connection to Font Server", "Unix: -1" or
"Unix: 7000" or something under it right?

Sorry I can't help any further.

John