[lug] Summer BBQ?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Apr 6 09:22:43 MDT 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Atkinson, Chip wrote:

> I like the idea of supplying grills and the place and people bring thier own
> food and are encouraged to bring something to share.  I think the best
> option is to keep it as unstructured as possible yet pretty well organized.
> In other words, I'd bring a grill, a few other people would too, so that
> things get done, yet not so much that person A brings forks, person B brings
> mustard, etc.
>
> I could bring a grill and would be able to contribute condiments and some
> funding.  I could bug the city once we decide where to go.  A weekend would
> be a good idea I think too.  Sadly, I must agree with your fears about
> alchohol.  What a pain excessive responsibility is.  :-)

So ... it is starting to get warmer, and it might still be a bit early to
get terribly serious about this.  However, there seemed to be enough
interest that I wanted to make certain that this suggestion stayed on our
plate for a while.  We should probably start figuring out who is going to
champion this activity, and maybe think about when we want to do it.

Please remember that the BLUG is a fairly informal organization.  If
someone out there has an activity out there that they'd like to spearhead,
by all means pick up the ball and run with it.  My only request is that
you let me know, especially if you plan on mentioning the BLUG.  I
primarily want to make certain that what is going on isn't going to cause
problems for those who sponsor us, in particular the U.S. Dept. of
Commerce for our meeting space and Tummy.com who provides web and mailing
list services.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)