[lug] COLUG IRC Channel.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 10 00:20:25 MDT 2001

I've set up an IRC server, and after some discussion among various LUG
leaders around Colorado, we decided to set up a #colug channel as a
place for the various LUG users to gather and chat in a more iterative
surrounding.

The server can be reached through a number of names:

   lug.boulder.co.us
   nclug.org
   community.tummy.com

any of these will be fine -- use what you'll remember.  In your IRC
software, connect to one of these servers and then join the "#colug"
channel.

The idea of IRC is that it's somwhere between a spoken conversion and
e-mail.  It's more iterative than e-mail -- instead of writing a few
paragraphs which you send off, the typical IRC message is about a sentence.
It's more like a regular voice conversation, but you can go off and do
something then come back and catch up on what you missed.

Hope to see you there.

Sean
--
 Come see the violence inherent in the system!
 Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!  -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail