[lug] OT: *BSD

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Apr 10 19:19:31 MDT 2001

I have FreeBSD installed on one of my machines.  I really like.  It has some
very goot points.  Had I run into *BSD first, I very well might be a fanatic for
the OS.  As it is, I have a sentimental fondness for Linux.

And for desktop use, there is little difference to me, so many apps out there
will run equally well on either.

For servers, the *BSDs really do seem to be a better choice, though.  Fast,
stable, etc.

Tim

* Michael Sage (michaelsage at mysun.com) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know this is a Linux group (and I certainly don't want to start
> another OS religious war!), but I wonder how many members here also use
> Free/Net/OpenBSD? I'm equally fond of both, but Linux has so much more
> critical mass.
>
> Just curious...
>
> --
> Michael Sage
> michaelsage at mysun.com

== Timothy Klein         || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at silverklein.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!       || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!       || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==