[lug] New VeriSign Cert Not Recognized by Netscape

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Tue Apr 10 21:28:44 MDT 2001

We just set up a new pair of secure web servers at work. We
received a new VeriSign certificate for these servers, but
Netscape 4.76 running on my home and work Linux workstations
do not recognize the issuing authority. IE 5.5 seems to have
no problem with the certificate.

I've never entered a site using a VeriSign certificate that
my browser didn't recognize and this is causing me some
concern.

Has anyone else run across this? Is this something I should
complain about to VeriSign?

--
Rob Riggs
http://www.pangalactic.org/