[lug] network config tools?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Apr 11 12:32:15 MDT 2001

This UI is intended to have basically the same interface as
netconfig ( but it's got to look a lot better :-).  Let me
see what it does under the cover.  Thank goodness for
Open Source.

I did find "Webmin" which is perl based and which seems to have
much more functionality.  http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

The idea for the interface I'm  working on is that it's for very
basic network configuration of what is essentially just an
appliance.  Probably there will be a fancier interface for
experts.  Webmin is a possibility.

I also see that there are a couple linuxconf scripts buried down
in  /usr/lib/linuxconf but most of linuxconf appears to use
the .so files.

Scott

Scott