[lug] zope question

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Apr 11 18:48:32 MDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 01:53:43AM -0600, Ken Kinder wrote:
> I know there are a lot of tummy.com-python-zope types in BLUG, so I
> thought I'd throw a question out there?
>
> If I have a path in URL style to a Zope object, like /foo/bar, how do
> I get (from Python code that makes up a product) the actual reference
> for that object? like a python reference to the object?

The Zope Developer's guide (still in development):
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG

You'll want to read:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG/ObjectPublishing.dtml
look for 'acquisition' and 'traversal' about a third of the way through
the page.

And see:
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Projects/PythonMethods/UserGuide
(Parameters are Not (Always) Enough).