[lug] problems manually configuring IP...

Bill Jorgensen jorg at sysmgrs.com
Thu Apr 12 14:00:48 MDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, celttechie (Brian Jarrett) wrote:

> All,
>
> Once again I believe I need a little assistance.  I initially loaded Debian
> on my machine without having a NIC available.  Now I have an old 3c509 in the
> box and I'm trying to get it to connect to my network.  I've done all of the
> following but still can't ping anything at all.

I have not read all the threads on this, and maybe you have tried this, but
when I have issues like this I always start internally. Ping the loghost.
Have you set your route to your default router? I remember you mentioning
something about it via your route table. Can you ping your default router?
Have you tried another ethernet cable?

Just a few things...

Bill