[lug] insight as gdb frontend?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Apr 13 14:08:19 MDT 2001

Thanks for the note, Tom.

I was seeing the "make install" bug posted about Jan. 3 which
mentions missing hard-coded install paths in one of the subdirectories.
( I'd followed directions "./configure", "make", "make install".
BTW, I also have problems with make installs that write in the
build tree location.  I don't give root write access to the place
where I do most builds. )

Anyway, it turned out that one of our occasional contractors,
a former Cygnus person, had built himself a version of Insight
and raved about it, so I'm giving it more of a look.  Still,
I'm afraid that I sorely miss Casevision Workshop, although
even it didn't work particularly well with multi-threaded apps.

Scott