[lug] Linux education classes survey (part 2)

Crawford Rainwater rainwac at attglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 16:04:09 MDT 2001

First off, I would like to thank those who responded
to my initial inquiry about certifications and education
in Linux.

Here is the next round of questions, which you may
pass on to your specific employers as well since
some of them most likely will float the bill for
classes related to your job.  My company is in the
process of setting up a site in the Denver/Boulder
area to provide public and private classes along
the SAIR/GNU line.  The question is who would be
interested in taking these classes?  We are also
considering the idea of a "learning lab" as well as
an online self-study lab for those who want to self
study or R&D (research and destroy) with Linux
(of course, you kill the machine, you just bought
it) instead of go through a formal class.

We are presently proposing five classes as follows:
- Fundamentals
- Installation & Configuration
- System Administration
- Networking
- Security, Privacy, and Ethics

The latter four of course, being the core of the
SAIR/GNU LCA certification.  The first one being
a general overview and introduction to Linux.

For those who are interested, company as well as
individuals, please respond to me directly (save
bandwidth on posting to the LUG's).  As for a time
line for those who are interested, we are looking
to have things in place by late May/early June.

Thank you for your time in advance.

--- Crawford
rainwac at attglobal.net