[lug] source for bind(int sockfd, struct sockaddr *my_addr, int addrlen)

Matt McIllece (1-3762) mcillece at elbonia.ast.lmco.com
Wed Apr 18 11:44:59 MDT 2001

>the c library call to 'bind' is
>a wrapper for the 'sys_bind' call whose code you'll find in
>$LINUX/net/socket.c .

Actually, /usr/src/linux-2.2.12/net/socket.c, it looks like sys_bind() is a
wrapper for bind()

  asmlinkage int sys_bind(int fd, struct sockaddr *umyaddr, int addrlen)
  {
  <snip>
               err = sock->ops->bind(sock, (struct sockaddr *)address, addrlen);
  <snip>
  }

Too bad for me it wasn't the other way around!

>P.S.: sorry for the missunderstanding - i hope my
non-native-english-speakerness
>counts as an excuse ;-)

No kidding?  I thought you were a native English typer :)