[lug] detailed Linux information

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Apr 18 23:57:43 MDT 2001

This was the funniest thing I've read all day.  Great way to respond to
the typical "please do my homework for me" posting from a student.

Linux is only "free" (as in freedom) if folks scrutinize the software
licenses of the things they run on it, however.  Far from me to be an
RMS clone (I do believe there are uses for closed-source software left
in the world...), I do try to make sure I use software licensed the
"right" way -- one of the reasons I use Debian.  Remove "non-free" from
your packages list, and voila... all truly "free" software.

:-)

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>