[lug] source for bind(int sockfd, struct sockaddr *my_addr, int addrlen)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Apr 19 08:10:11 MDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:56:52PM -0700, bdoctor at ps-ax.com wrote:
> Perhaps you should see what the maintainers call it then:
>
> http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/
>
> Yes, I DID research the name before I sent it as I was not sure.  Maybe you should have too?
>
> -brad

> > > He actually needs the "bind" that is built in to glibc. BIND will only
> > > get him into a bind :>
> > >
> > > Pun intended,
> > > D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com
> >
> > Yeah, I recognized that from the rest of the thread, I was just being
> > anal about the name.  :-)

Well now that's *interesting*.  I tossed a note up to ISC's bind-users
mailing list to see what's up with that -- I have lots of older books
here that reference it as Daemon, and my guess is that there's a typo on
their page -- but we'll see.  Maybe some marketing wonk at ISC/Nominum
got ahold of the web page and changed it.  ;-)

I'll let ya know what folks say over there...

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>