[lug] Free computers on Saturday?

Crawford Rainwater rainwac at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 19 09:30:34 MDT 2001

I noticed in the Daily Camera editorial that they "try" to
sell those savable parts.  It sounds like a nice idea, but
the idea of paying someone a few bucks to later then resell
a working item...well, you see my point.

I would think this would be a good place to pick up some
spare toys and such, most definitely.  If you wanted to
pass on stuff to others, there are some charity non-profits
around the area that are willing to take them off your hands
for free (and you get that nice tax deduction as well), as
long as the items are not too "old" (Intel P2 generation
and higher I have noticed recently for systems).  Otherwise,
the swaps at the Boulder and Jeffco Fairgrounds have been a
good place for me personally to move old working items along
from my clients (anyone looking for a few old Intel Pentium
PC's, printers, etc., give me a ring via email).

Just some two cents.

--- Crawford
rainwac at attglobal.net